Tuesday, July 23, 2013

ivy school
middle school facility
2012

My name has always been intertwined with the school I have started since coming back to hometown, Surabaya-Indonesia, in August 2003. Instead of remembering my complete name as Juli Indawati, many recognize me as Juli Ivy.

While how I ever decided to start the school was actually far beyond the school itself. It was a nation-scale dream and the dream I have walked all these years since 1998 has brought me up, dragged me down, crushed my hearts, lifted my hope. A dream that is much away too big for me, yet it stayed within each cell of mine.

A dream that I will see great people, great thoughts, great works will come from Indonesia. A dream of united love and zeal that leaves all the hurts, bitterness, hatred and prejudice behind. A dream that even in my lifetime I might not get a chance to see it completely come true, I know I have been one stacking brick by brick building it with my own hand, head, heart, joy and tears, all of my life.

Juli Indawati
--in my room
with my kids and husband watching Bruce Willis  "G.I.Joe"
20.20pm--




No comments:

Post a Comment